1. It empowers men to nurture fewer children
2. It enables men to exercise their reproductive health right as enshrined in Kenya’s constitution article 43 (1) (a) which states that ” every citizen has the right to the highest attainable standard of health, which includes the right to health care services, including reproductive health care”
3. It alleviates the negative side effects of family planning methods on women.
4. It can prevent unsafe abortions.
5. It can prevent maternal deaths (“the death of a woman whilst pregnant or within 42 days of delivery or termination of pregnancy, from any cause related to, or aggravated by pregnancy or its management.
6. It can help in the reduction of rapid population growth rate and its negative socioeconomic consequences e.g. unemployment and resource- based conflicts.
7. It can prevent deadbeat fatherhood (fathers who do not pay for child support)
8. It can prevent prosecution under article 53 ( 1) (e) of the Kenya’s constitution which states that ” Every child has a right to parental care and protection, which includes equal responsibility of the mother and father to provide for the child, whether they are married to each other or not”
9. It can help in the reduction of carbon foot print and mitigation of climate change.
- 22 Nov 2016
- Diagnosis, Medical
- Dr. Paul McGann's
- Research for new surgery results